background

Monday, November 26, 2007

Beautiful Venezia

Well, I guess it is about time that I fill everyone in on the rest of my trip! So here we go to Venice! This is the beautiful view from the train, as we were coming into Venice. We got in pretty early in the morning which gave us plenty of time to try and find the bus we needed to get on, that was going to take us to "Camping Fusina", the place where we stayed. Well, long story short, we didn't get off the train when we were suppose to. So we took a ferry to the part of the Island we stayed at. It was worth it though. The first day we walked around and got to know our way around. The next day, we did some more site seeing, and then took a GONDOLA RIDE!!! We were able to meet up with our friend, Tim, who we had met in Germany. So, Michelle and I got, Tim and Nate (who we met the night before) to join us on our Gondola ride. Much better than two girls going, don't ya think? The picture on the right is San Marco's plaza. This is probably one of the best pictures I took, in my humble opinion (I know I am nowhere near as good as AMY). Anyway, this is a very popular square and during the day it is filled with lots of people and PIGEONS! But at night it calms down, the birds leave, the music starts playing, and turns into a very romatic place. Yes, Venice is the Single's awarness capital of the world, according to Michelle and I :).

Just so you don't think I am making these boys up..

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Jamie I didn't know you went to Europe?? That's so awesome!! Sounds like you had a way fun time!! I want to go someday!! Anyways I found your blogspot through facebook!! I have blogspot too!! Well hope life is going great! I miss you down here!