Total cost: $26.06 !
(again NOT Shopping at Wal-Mart)
Items we got for FREE...
3 cans of Cream of Mushroom
1 Toothbrush
2 bags of Ricola Cough drops
www.grocerysmarts.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
have I done any GOOD?
Yesterday I was unable to attend the funeral of a member of our branch family back home. He is the father of one of my very good friends. I am grateful to have the knowledge we do, that he and his family will be together again. This man was a friend to everyone. He was a man who went about doing good. As I have thought about him these last few days it makes me want to do better. I want to do better in following the example of the Savior, as he did, and serve those I can. So, I challenge myself and everyone else, as Pres. Hinckley would say to, "do a little better. be a little kinder".
"Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have cheered up the sad, and made someone feel glad? If not I have FAILED indeed. Has anyones burden been lighter today because I was willing to share? Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way? When they needed MY help, was I there?
...There are chances for work all around just now. Opportunities right in our way. DO NOT let them pass by, saying, 'sometime I'll try', but go and do something today! 'Tis noble of man to work and to give. Love's labor has merit alone. Only he who does something helps others to live. To God each good work will be know."
-LDS Hymn Book "Have I done any good?"
Thanks Brother Ellis...'til we meet again
2 comments:
aww Jamie you sent tears to my eyes. Thank you for the challenge... I too need to do a little better and be a little kinder. I'm too am saddened by the loss of Brother Ellis, only knowing him a short time (and not near as well as your family got to know him). I'm grateful to know of the eternal plan.
"THEN WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING MORE...."
Post a Comment