background

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ciao, benvenuto a Roma!

Well, for those of you who don't know, I went to Europe! ! My cousin, Michelle, texted me about a month ago and asked me if I wanted to go to Europe in two weeks. I said that would be awesome, not really thinking she was serious. I talked to her a few days later and she told me a friend had given her two buddy passes and we could go anywhere! She has always wanted to go to Germany and I really wanted to go to Italy! So, we had two weeks to plan and we were blessed, everything worked out! We flew into Rome October 10th. I could go on and on about all the adventures we had, but I'll just stick to telling you a few of our experiences. The first day we got there we went to the Colosseum. It was so hard to believe that I was actually seeing the real thing!! It was so cool Ü But, before all that happened we had to find a place to stay. Michelle had looked up places to stay and picked one, because we were flying on buddy passes she didn't make reservations, in case we didn't get on our flight-but they did have rooms availabe. After looking for awhile, we finally found the hostel. When we first got to the place no one was there. Luckily two people that were staying there showed up just before we were about to leave. They were really nice and helped us get a hold of the owner. (we actually ended up seeing them again at the colosseum-isn't it a small world?) Come to find out they didn't have any more rooms available, but he was nice enough to find another place for us to stay. Throughout are trip we were really blessed to meet a lot of helpful people. We had people give us directions to even giving us a ride somewhere! (don't worry they were a nice couple we had met at church). The picture above on the right is the view from our room that we stayed in. We stayed in Rome wednesday and thursday. Then, thursday, we took the night train to Munich, Germany! I'll make a post for each place we went, so keep checking! (Left pic: Me eating my first "real" Italian pizza Right pic: inside the Sistine Chapel)

5 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

so so so so so jealous! I would love to go to Europe! I am a huge art histroy nerd! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Amy said...

What an awesome adventure!! So fun for you... can't wait to read/see more!!!

jethrojones said...

awesome! I would love to eat some Italian pizza, and get proposed to by a gladiator!

Haylee said...

You went to europe? Luckeee!
That's so cool. I still can't believe you were there. Glad you had fun and your back safe.

Abby said...

jamie- that is SO awesome! I'm so jealous! What a terrific experience to always remember! I SO want to go to Italy! One of these days.